Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Assignment #1c

Answers to my Manual Scavenger Hunt-

1. What page is Flash compensation on?
Page 150


2.What is the topic on page 9. of your manual?
Composition of the Operating Manual


3. On the diagram of your camera (usually in the front of the book) what is #3
Mine are labeled with the name of the part and not by numbers


4. On what page does your manual talk about Focal Plane Position and what is it?
Mine doesn't talk about this or if it does it's called something else...but after reading page 28 of Tracy's Nikon D40 manual, the answer is..."the distance between your subject and the camera, measure from the focal plane mark on the camera body"

5. In what menu do you find your ISO settings?
Press the Fn button and hit the right arrow


6. What does AF-S and AF-C mean?
It's called AF.S and AF.C in my manual...
AF.S is single mode - "when the shutter release button is pressed halfway to focus on the subject, the focus is locked at that position"
AF.C is continuous mode - "the subject is kept in focus by continuous adjustment while the shutter release button is pressed halfway"


7. What are the names of the White Balance settings your camera has?
Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent Light (daylight colors, daylight white, and white light), Tungsten Light, Flash, Manual


8. Where was your cameras BFF (the manual) printed?
Philippines
9. What menu is your focus points found, so you can change them if desired?
Menu > Rec Mode > Swtch dst msr pt
Options are Auto, Select, Center

10. What camera modes are additional lighting required in?
According to Tracy, all of them because you should always use your flash!Ok, I've been corrected by Tracy, obviously I wasn't paying attention very well. Tracy told us, "Natural lighting is the best lighting".I'm having trouble finding this in mine and Tracy's D40 manual or maybe I don't understand the question. But I know the flash is deactivated in Night Scene, Sunset, Candlelight and Museum modes. I was wrong with my 1st answer...so here's my 2nd answer guess....auto pict, portrait mode, macro mode, night scene, scn (surf & snow, text, kids, pet). I didn't actually find this in my manual, I just tested it on my camera.

4 comments:

Tracy February 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

IF it wasn't so late! I would be calling you! You CRACK ME UP! #4 is hilarious!!! Looking in my D40 manual! What about my D200 manual, or my S5000 manual or my Minolta 7000 manual? LOL!

As for #10 I will e-mail you as to not spoil it for the others behind you!

Your doing great!!!!

Unknown February 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Well I chose the D40 because that's the one you had listed as your one for personal use. I have to leave some for others to look up if they can't find the answer in theirs...the answer is always in the teacher's edition! LOL!

Tracy February 10, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

YEAH!!! You got it! GREAT job!

Anonymous August 13, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

What from this follows?


About This Blog

Search This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP