Sunday, June 6, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Assignment #1

Our assignment was "ivory". The first thing that came to mind was a piano and an elephant. We no longer have the piano we were storing and I don't plan on going to the zoo anytime soon. Plus I don't think those would really be thinking outside the box.

I looked up the word ivory on dictionary.com and I chose the 2nd definition:
this substance when taken from a dead animal and used to make carvings, billiard balls, etc.

So that gave me the idea to take a picture of our bumper pool balls. I don't know if they're made from ivory or not, but it's something different for me to take a picture of.   Our bumper pool table is stored outside under our patio.  I like how you can see the reflection of the patio posts.  Also Miriam assisted me by holding the pool cue for me while I took the picture.
Photobucket

14 comments:

Purple Dreams June 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

great shot!!

blue china studio happy June 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Nice photo! I like your interpretation of "ivory".

Stephanie June 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Interesting version of "ivory". You can't beat the good ol' dictionary! Feel free to head over to my blog to visit. I'll be following yours.
http://northfillmorestreet.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing!

Tammy Lee Bradley June 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Aaah. Hadn't thought of that one. Nice capture!

Wendy June 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

I looked up ivory in the dictionary as well - and I was displeased with the definition - it's too lovely of a color to just be narrowed down to the substance in teeth. Like the shot! I haven't played pool in so long, maybe it's time!

J June 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Nice "shot." ;)

Anonymous June 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

What a fun interpretation... I'm going to take inspiration from you and think more outside the box next time! That's a great picture.

Wendy June 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Nice job! Way to think outside the box! ;)

Tracy June 7, 2010 at 12:48 AM  

Great job!

Crafting Queen June 7, 2010 at 1:00 AM  

wow, great shot!! Anesha

Louise June 7, 2010 at 3:54 AM  

Fantastic photo - really unusual too which is what I love about this - different takes on the same subject!

piccola samurai June 7, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

That's a wonderful picture!!!!!!!

Coley June 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Great interpretation of the word ivory!

R Montalban June 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Like your picture, great colours and great use of ivory

Blog Archive


About This Blog

Search This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP