Monday, March 1, 2010

L2L Challenge #2

This is only a day late, but this challenge was a lot harder. When I originally saw this quote I thought of my sister, Sara. She wasn't as good in school as me and my other sister but she was definitely always more creative and imaginative. I remember when she was little she would make houses for her Barbies using the bookcases in her room. She would make stairs for them out of paper. She was always drawing as a kid...she copied pictures from Precious Moments book and paused the Little Mermaid to draw the scene where Ariel & Prince Eric kiss at the end. Well this love of art translated into her becoming a graphic designer. She even almost minored in ceramics in college and is currently taking another ceramics class at LSU. Well all of this creativity has been a blessing to me. She has made many of my birth announcements, thank you cards, and birthday invitations. Well one Christmas my mom gave each of us girls a sewing machine. Sara was the one who was disappointed about it, but the funny thing is now she is the only one that can really use it. She's made shower curtains, a valance, an ottoman slipcover, and pillows for our house. She made me this cool purse for Christmas and all of the diaper bags for my kids..some even with bottle holders (below). All not using a pattern or anything...just from her own imagination :) Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Wow - she is very imaginative!

Tracy March 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

How cool is that!!! I love Levi's!!

Blog Archive


About This Blog

Search This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP