Tuesday, August 4, 2009

365 Fieldtrip

Yesterday you would have been scared if you were here...the mamarazzi were out in full force
The first thing we did when we got there was to change our white balance to cloudy or shade
I took this picture of Amy to test my setting...
(but Tracy should have given her a spanking for not wearing her strap around her neck!)

Then we tried getting some bokeh on a flower shot
Before we started shooting too much, Tracy asked a girl off the street to take our picture before we worked up too much of a sweat.

Then we took a picture of this to set custom white balance

Amy was trying to set her custom white balance...I took her picture to test mine

Here we're learning how to use the lines on the bricks to draw your eye to Kimber

Kimber was so nice to volunteer to be our model

Tracy showing us how to use the lines

Next we went to the courtyard to take pictures of this gorgeous setting. Some of us took pictures for our perspective assignment and we also learned how to shoot on manual.

Here Jenn is getting a good perspective in this shot..."Whatever it takes!"

Another reason for the fieldtrip was to take headshots for Tracy...


She taught us some pointers for taking portraits and helped us learn how to look for a person's better side. FYI...she said I didn't have a "bad" side but don't ask my husband or other family members about that though!
I took a couple of pictures of her with her nice Nikon camera that she let me try out

Here's my 2 favorite that I took with her camera


...these were the best ones that I took with mine

We changed locations for the headshots so she was explaining where to stand and what settings to use

Here's Tracy and some of the other mamarazzi taking headshots of either Amy or Jenn

We finally went to dinner at Kona Grill where we tested some of our indoor/low lighting settings.
Is that a little better?
(By the end of the night, I was having camera/lens envy!)

This was the best one I got inside...but it's so grainy because I had to set my ISO so high

Trying different settings

More changes

However if you have an external lens like Tracy it's not so bad using a flash in low lighting because the light gets diffused better and people don't get washed out
After dinner, we went outside to learn to shoot in the dark...
however ironically I had problems finding

to take many of mine...but I just used the flash so I wouldn't miss this sign
I thought it described our fieldtrip perfectly.
It was great time and we learned so much...Thanks Tracy!
I got alot of great shots that I will be posting in my 365 project soon.
Too bad Tracy is moving soon...but I'm thinking another fieldtrip is in order...
Ladies Beach Trip...what do you think?...sounds like a good "teaching" experience to me

6 comments:

Tracy August 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

LOL..that's Exactly what I was thinking! BEACH Trip! It would be fun and educational all in one!

Jenn August 5, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

A beach trip?!?!? PERFECT!!! Love that second picture of Amy. Her belly looks so cute in it. You did a great job tellng our story from the night and you got the PERFECT picture too. The right setting. WOW!!!

Amy August 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

We did have a great time! Learn lots and look forward to trying all the new info out on my camera.

Tammy Cloud August 5, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

great job. Beach trip sounds perfect. You did great on your story.

{Kimber} August 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

AMEN...BEACH TRIP...you know just for educational purposes :)
I ♥ your pic of "the right setting"--you're so smart!!
you're post was awesome--so glad I got to finally meet you!!!!! :)

Anonymous August 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Love the last one!

Beach sounds great!

Blog Archive


About This Blog

Search This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP